Kansas State University Purebred Beef Facilities
- Manhattan, KS
- New Construction
Kansas State University (KSU) partnered with The Law Company on the new construction of three Purebred Beef facilities in Manhattan, Kansas. New construction of the Purebred Beef Calving Center and Bull/Heifer Development Center is located near the Equine Education Center on the KSU campus.
Building A: Headquarters and Calving Center
- Includes a data processing office, ancillary mud room and residence area with two bedrooms
- Calving barn located on the north side of the headquarters and cattle processing/sorting pens.
Building B: Processing – Feed Protection – Equipment
- Contains a room for processing cattle into the appropriate exterior pens
- Equipment and tool storage
Building C: Bull and Heifer Development Center
- Includes a covered feed intake system that is automated individually to each animal situated in the dry lot containment area
- Contains additional animal holding pens, processing/sorting area, data collection room and multipurpose space