USD 284 – Chase County Junior/Senior High School
- Cottonwood Falls, KS
- New Additions
Unified School District 284 partnered with The Law Company to complete multiple additions and renovations throughout the Chase County Junior/Senior High School in Cottonwood, Kansas. The project included a new gymnasium, wrestling room, weight training room, administration area, auditorium stair tower additions and renovations.
- The gym addition consists of a metal building with 12-foot high masonry walls on the interior and exterior of the building.
- The wrestling addition is a precast FEMA rated storm shelter with a masonry veneer.
- The weight training addition is a metal building attached to the existing gym, which frees up room in the VO-AG building for additional classroom space.
- The main entrance/administration addition has exterior walls consisting of masonry block with a brick veneer. The main entrance also ties to the gym for entrance to sporting events.
- The auditorium was renovated and a stair tower was added to the rear to bring the facility up to code and provide an exterior entrance to the auditorium space.
- Renovations within the school include flooring, cabinets, doors, ceilings, paint, HVAC replacement, new plumbing fixtures, LED light fixtures, security systems and communication systems.