Part of Our Legacy
The rich history of The Law Company has always included community involvement in Wichita, Kansas, and beyond. We invite you to learn more about the organizations we support through volunteerism and financial support.
Featured Organizations We Support
The Law Company coordinates five blood drives each year at our corporate headquarters in Wichita, Kansas. Many office employees are blood or apheresis donors.
- The Law Company donated management of the Guadalupe Clinic remodel as well as minor construction and repairs.
- A number of The Law Company employees have assisted with an annual semi-pro baseball game fundraiser and Winefest event to benefit the Guadalupe Clinic.
- Our chairman, Rich Kerschen, has previously served as a chairman for the Guadalupe Clinic board of directors.
- The Law Company assisted with construction and repairs to Harbor House, Adult Day Services Facility and St. Anthony Family Shelter.
- The Law Company participates in the annual Cruise Night Benefit for St. Anthony Family Shelter and Harbor House.
- Both company and employees donate to the Thanksgiving food drive for Our Daily Bread Food Pantry.
- Our president, Dennis Kerschen, served on the Catholic Charities board of directors from 2012 to 2018.
- Our chairman, Rich Kerschen, served on the Catholic Charities board of directors in the past.
- The Law Company participates in the annual Operation Holiday project with canned food, blankets, coats and monetary donations.
- The Law Company matches monetary contributions made by employees.
- The Law Company has previously received both a humanitarian award as well as the Golden Rule Award, which recognizes the difference made for adults with disabilities who attend the Adult Day Services at Catholic Charities.
- The Law Company donated labor for concrete construction on the original building and also on a subsequent remodel along with a satellite facility.
- Several of The Law Company employees donate monetary gifts and their time by serving meals.
- The Law Company has a goal each year to obtain 100 percent employee participation in donations to the United Way of the Plains. This objective has been achieved numerous years along with reaching more than 300 percent of our giving potential in annual campaigns.
- The Law Company is the recipient of the Spirit of Caring Award five times and numerous Pinnacle Awards since 1987.
- Currently, we have two Young Leaders, nine Leadership Givers, six Fair Share Givers and one Tocqueville Giver.
- Rich Kerschen, our chairman, is a current member and former chairman of the United Way of the Plains board of directors.
- The Law Company was instrumental in developing the partnership with Mennonite Housing so Bluffview Manor could be constructed using tax credits, a project The Law Company completed.
- The Law Company and its employees have provided financial support and other donations.
- Rich Kerschen, our chairman, is a member of the Finance Committee and a past board member.
- The Law Company employees participate in a friendly food packing competition with employees from Fleeson, Gooing, Coulson & Kitch during the holidays in order to benefit the Kansas Food Bank.
- Several of our employees provide financial support to the Kansas Food Bank each year.
The Law Company provides financial support to the Greater Wichita YMCA, which includes funding youth development. At the Y, children and teens learn values and positive behaviors and can explore their unique talents and interests, helping them realize their potential.
Additional Organizations We Support
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Daughters of the Nile – Shriners International
- Goodwill Industries
- Habitat for Humanity
- Humane Society (Various States)
- Kansas Special Olympics
- Passageways (Providing Hope for Our Military Veteran Heroes)
- Rainbows United
- Salvation Army
- Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Simon Youth Foundation
- Urban League of Kansas
- Veterans Park
- Victory in the Valley